Definition of a Member
Members of FBI Sacramento Citizens Academy Alumni Association shall be graduate members and such other members as may be established by the Board of Directors. Graduate members are those persons who have successfully graduated from the FBI Sacramento Citizens Academy.
Membership in the FBI Sacramento Citizens Academy Alumni Association includes continuing to abide by the criteria as a Citizens Academy graduate, signing the Code of Conduct, and paying membership dues, where you are then considered a member “in good standing”. Members “in good standing” can be appointed to committees as approved by the Board of Directors, and even apply for open Board of Director positions, when they become available.
Paying membership dues, and making other contributions, help us sustain and grow the FBI Sacramento Citizens Academy Alumni Association to foster our relationship with the FBI and the community. Please see our Programs page for more details on how your membership dues and donations support our mission.
The following are options to pay membership dues or make a contribution:
- Annual membership – dues paid at the beginning of each calendar year. Currently, annual membership dues are $75/year.
- Lifetime membership – a one-time payment to cover the lifetime of your membership. Currently, Lifetime membership dues are a one-time payment of $850.*
- Donations – can be made in addition to your membership dues, or as a separate entry. Any amount you wish to contribute in addition to your dues would be greatly appreciated.
The payment of dues and/or contributions can be via check or digital payment via Square.
Membership Renewal Letter
Here is the letter distributed annually with information on renewing membership or joining the FBI Sacramento Citizens Academy Alumni Association.
Pay Membership Dues Online
Pay your membership dues or make an additional contribution using Square’s digital payment services.
- Please review the Code of Conduct (PDF)*
- Pay my dues online (This link opens our payment portal in a new browser window.)
- Within a few days you should receive the link to a digital Code of Conduct in your inbox, please sign and submit. (If you have not received this link 2 weeks after making your payment please reach out.) The email will come from: email@example.com
* If you signed a Code of Conduct in 2021/2022 you do not need to sign again.
Pay Membership Dues by Check
If you would like to send in a check to pay your membership dues or make an additional contribution;
- Please print out, review, and sign the Code of Conduct (PDF)*
- Print out and complete the Membership Contribution form (PDF)
- Write your check to FBISACCAAA
- Mail your two forms and your check to the address on the form
Your Membership makes a difference in our communities!
Membership dues are FBISACCAAA’s #1 revenue source, and maintaining that source is our life’s blood. Each year, dues allow us to fund:
- Provisions for the Citizens Academy classes at the FBI Sacramento HQ, with up to 50-70 graduates annually. We provide embossed padfolios for Academy attendees, dinner for the first class, and other items.
- Provisions for the Teen Academy classes, with up to 70-80 graduates annually. We provide lunch, snacks, and drinks for the high school juniors, as well as in-person support when requested.
- Provisions for the FBI Quarterly Briefings. We rent the venues and provide snacks and drinks for these events, which are typically attended by 80 to 120 Citizen Academy members and guests, 4 times per year.
- Internet hosting fees and streaming services for the online FaceTime with an Agent events, which offer members personal interaction with local FBI agents and personnel.
- Multiple $500 scholarships each year to high school seniors from law enforcement or first responder families and for seniors heading to college for careers in law enforcement and first responder-related fields.
- Support for Boys & Girls Clubs in Northern California with whom we have built a relationship, we provide lunch at events, activity parcels, in-person support, etc.
- FBI Youth Outreach Day, beginning 2022, which connects the FBI and the Alumni Association to students in high-risk schools and helps set them on a better path.
- Maintenance of our chapter website, quarterly newsletters, and online video communication.
- Monetary grants to charitable endeavors, including the FBI Agent Fund for families of agents killed in the line of duty, as well as local funds for fallen police officers.
- Fees to maintain our status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and remain a Chapter in Good Standing with our National Board (FBINCAAA).
- And more!
We are very fortunate to have Citizens Academy Alumni that support our organization. Your annual dues, lifetime memberships, and additional monetary gifts allow us to do the things we do in support of the FBI, its mission, and our local community.
The FBISACCAAA Board of Directors, and all of the community organizations that your funding benefits, thank you for your continued support!
*Lifetime Member Benefits
Lifetime Membership is a one-time contribution of $850 and includes the following:
● Membership dues waived for life
● Lifetime Member pin
● FBISACCAAA T-shirt
● Personalized plaque with the FBICAAA seal
● Annual Lifetime Member appreciation event
● First in-line for select events
● Recognition in our newsletter and social media (recognition opt-out available upon request)
● Lifetime opportunities to be involved with FBISACCAAA community outreach efforts
We review benefits annually, and are always looking for unique ways to thank our members!